Hello readers. Good to have you on the blog again. I’ve been really busy and occupied with lots of things lately but still trying hard to balance those responsibilities. I believe that with God, everything is possible. Thank you for always taking your time to read my posts, it means a lot to me.
So, it happens that I’m so in love with my fellow Nigerians and their funny ways, God knows! LOL. Have you ever been to a Nigerian party or ‘owanbe’ as it is widely called before? If yes, you would have experienced some funny struggles and hustle for food at some, especially the ones that the caterers/servers are literally angry with all the guests and refuse to serve people or those ones that are planning to loot all the party goodies thereby restraining the proper circulation of food.
First of all;
- When you get a call from your friend informing you that there is a party to attend
- When you first get to the party acting all posh, cool, calm and collected
We are the VIP people, put some respek on it plix
- Then you see the hosts whispering to one another
- What are these ones saying laidis? Don’t coman tell me that meat has finished o!
- And then, you start taking selfies and posting updates about the party
I cannot coman go and die
- After two hours of looking, FOOD hasn’t reached your side yet…
Don’t mess with us, we bought the complete aso-ebi including shoes and bags
- Then a party beggar approaches you (Aunty, please epp me).
Ifa slap you, you go evaporate! A hungry man is an angry man, my fren!
- Then you see the people on the next table eating happily
I do not understand this oh, are we not human beings too?
- Then your situation gets out of hands, first-class hunger catches you
Bhet what is my offence God?! Kuku kill me na! This suffering is too much!
- Then you see a server/waiter staring at you across the table
- Heeyyzz! Mr. Man, eez like you wish to be unfortunate in life abi? Are you suffering from night-blindness?
- Hey you server! Are you really blind ni? Can’t you manage toh see this barren table?
- Then you can no longer take the torture again and you start a solidarity movement.
Some people are suffering in this parry! There’s corruption everywhere in Nigeria even in Owanbes! This is barbarism and nepotism of the highest order! We can no longer take it!
- Then all of a sudden, God came to the rescue!
- And you never h’expererit! Chisos is Lor! The Lor is gooood! The food is here!
- Then you start eating away your life. (Bhet why, Uncle?)
- And the energy came from above! Divine energy for dancing!
- We now call on Mrs. Somebody to give us the closing prayer and…
LOL. I’m sure some of you can relate with this hustle for food of a thing at Nigerian parties. It’s just very common. Even if they kill ten fat cows, meat and food will still finish. Hian!
Thanks for reading once again, if you love and enjoyed reading this post, kindly drop your comments and opinions and don’t forget to share with others too. Be good and stay blessed till next time. Byee!